We've moved! You can find our new site at http://crookedgapfarmrecipes.wordpress.com



Sunday

Pizza Crust Using Lard


This is the recipe I base my pizza crust off of.  I don't always follow it exactly, but this recipe is my starting point. I will double this recipe when I make it and use the dough to make 3 medium thickness crusts.  You can use the recipe below to make 1 thick crust or 2 thinner crusts.

Dissolve:
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 c hot water

Add in:
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp CGF rendered lard
2 Tbsp gluten (optional - I use it when I grind and use wheat flour)
2 Tbsp dough enhancer (optional)
2 1/2 c flour (I grind and use soft white wheat flour)

Knead in:
~ 1-2 cup flour (until dough is to a good consistency)

Let dough rest 20 min

Toss or stretch dough to fit your pan.

Prebake dough at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes

This dough freezes well after it has prebaked.  I will form my crusts on cookie sheets and cut them in half, freezing them in a 2 gallon freezer bag.  When I want to make a quick pizza, I just pull out 2 matching halves, piece them together, and build my pizza as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment