We've moved! You can find our new site at http://crookedgapfarmrecipes.wordpress.com



Friday

Pie Crust

~ Made from Crooked Gap rendered lard and Grandma Anna Rittgers' recipe ~

This recipe is the pie crust recipe that my Grandma Anna Rittgers shared with me. It wasn't uncommon for her to have delicious, fresh apple pies waiting on the counter for us.

This is also the recipe that I used to make my 4-H pie crusts, which won the Champion Pie in the pie baking contest two different years. Although I won't share all of my crust secrets, I will share my Grandma Rittgers' recipe. :)

Cut 3/4 c rendered lard into 2 1/2 c flour
Slowly add with a fork approx. 1/4 c + 1 tsp water
Roll out into crust
Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar

Bake pie at 425 for 15 minutes then 350 for 45 minutes

Bake pie crust cookies at 425 for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment